Thursday, May 24, 2012

Here is Rosenthal’s Q AND A with Kimba reporter for Life is as Sweet as Cotton Candy


By Kimberli “Kimba” Pierantoni, assistant entertainment/features reporter
Reid Lance Rosenthal is a fourth generation land and cattleman. As a cowboy he feels connected with the spirit of the land. Rosenthal discovered his passion for writing at the age of nine during a summer vacation with his family. For a class assignment his pen embraced the paper that he wrote on and his words were strung along to create a remarkable story.    
 What he brought back to his classmates was an awe inspiring tale; a story that helped him discover how much he enjoyed sharing his story and capturing his classmate’s attention.
 Rosenthal’s series, “The Threads West American Saga series” will have 16 books in the series. The novels are divided into eras which begin in 1855, and continue through four generations of characters to the real time contemporary west.
His books capture the heart of the land and the characters he brings to life are people he meets along his travels and personalities that he has dealt with.
 This cowboy is a charmer who knows how to string the right words together. Rosenthal’s first work was published here in Cheyenne, Wyoming. He loves Cheyenne and looks forward to coming here to do a signing at Barnes and Noble Booksellers. Come listen to his enriching voice as Reid reads his latest book “Maps of Fate.”    
 You can also listen to Rosenthal as the narrator of his books on CD and digital MP3 versions. The first two books in his “Threads West” series will be released in an audio format in 60 days. His other books will be released on audio at a later date. You will be able to find those audio books atwww.BarnesandNoble.com and www.amazon.com
Here is Rosenthal’s Q AND A with Kimba reporter for Life is as Sweet as Cotton Candy
Kimba: What inspired you to write about Western romance?    
Reid: “I like to write about universal energies.”
Kimba: Which character do you relate to the most and why?
Reid: “A little bit of me is in all of them. I base my characters on real personalities I’ve met. I’ve observed how people interact and rise to success and how they love, wrestle with inner conflict, external enmities and succeed or fall. Some Characters are diabolical. Some with lighter souls, but all have their faults–and all are different–gender, culture, religion, race — I try to write from each of their cultural perspective; each has an individual personality.”
Kimba: Do some of your books reflect from your life experiences?
Reid: “I’m a rancher, and as a rancher I feel I connect with the land. The characters tell me the story– I just write down what they share with me.”
Kimba: At the age of nine you discovered your passion for writing; was there anything else you always wanted to do?
Reid: “Dreams are the pre-cursor of reality. I have a dream and I go do it. Writing is something I’ve always wanted to do seriously, but I have plenty on my list to do and I plan to do it all.”
Kimba: So, tell us about “Maps of Fate” and “Threads West” …
Reid: “You meet all these people in Europe. Each character is strong in their way, though they have neither culture nor background in common. Fate twists them together–the converging threads of lives in their journey to America, and ‘Maps of Fate,’ their journey west to the Rockies”
Kimba: “What is an award that you are most proud of?”
Reid: “I’m most proud of my best historical fiction of 2011. Not only that judges think you wrote well, but they know you did a lot of research.”
Kimba: Could you give us a sneak peak of your new book “Maps of Fate” and your method of writing?
Reid: “On the back of the book are some details presented by other experts. I write in an old style that isn’t used often used today–the style of ‘converging threads’. There are certain parts of the book I cannot wait to write. I often write out of order, which drives my publishers crazy.”
Kimba: How long did it take you to write “Maps of Fate” and how did the book do when they were released?”
Reid: “It was delayed in the mechanical stage, but that actual writing took 72 intensive days. It was delayed because I originally started with a small publisher in Cheyenne. They brought in bigger publishers in Texas and  New York. ‘Threads West’ was the second best selling paper back on Barnes and Noble for several months after it’s release, and Maps of Fate hit the number five spot. Both were best sellers also in Romance, Western, and Historical Fiction on Amazon.”
Kimba: For those who are interested, how did you get published?
Reid: “First thing I realized I did not know anything about the business of books. I went to conferences, met big authors, publishers and passed out my work. I’m not bashful. I’ve had several authors like them and it is they who presented to publishers who also also liked it.”
Kimba: How many books do we have to look forward to in the future?
Reid: “A series of 16 books. My books started back in 1855. My publisher will release another book, my first narrative non fiction work, on June 26th, ‘Land for Love and Money.’ The third book in the Threads West series,,  ‘Uncompahgre, Where Water Turns Red’ will be released in November by the same publishing groups.
Kimba: How do you feel about coming to Cheyenne for your book signing?
Reid: “I partake in the radio station in Cheyenne KGAB AM 650. I love Cheyenne. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy my travels and the places I go, Cheyenne I love.” (Reid is a show host on KGAB, weekly at 3 p.m. Saturdays where he speaks about political  subjects).

No comments:

Post a Comment